Wednesday, November 18, 2009

How Long To Keep Deer Sausage



10 years ago today the death of Paul Bowles, the final one in my education. When I read Memoirs of a Wanderer I felt a healthy envy those life-changing. I decided that I wanted to bring this adventurous life, nomadic, apparently free, Paul and Jane. It would have been live in the 30's, when Tangier was City International or 60, when Brian Jones walked in there or Burroughs, but not yet refined enough time machine.
Since then I have followed very closely and is one of those people that come to mind from time to time. I put here one of his compositions for music and literature was not what led him to Tangier. It was there on a scholarship to investigate the trance music of the Master Musicians of Jajouka, including other matters.
In a previous post (http://silviagrijalba.blogspot.com/2008/12/viajes-platnicos.html) talk about my fascination with these musicians in the Atlas and I did not travel with my father, but in addition there came an idea that I have not yet done, to write a book about the connection between traditional trance music and electrónca. An expensive project, for now, is in the closet, wishing to leave. From this comment I'm looking for sponsors to finance it, interested, leave a message after the beep.
then a video

0 comments:

Post a Comment