Saturday, September 26, 2009

Can U Give Hpv To Someone

back tomorrow (this record)

I have understood that a post some time ago in which he spoke of the bad functioning of the recording industry has raised some controversy among union workers, so before you keep writing, I notice that not all currently working in record companies are still inept and intelligent people, valid, enthusiastic, bright, of course. But every time you have a story connected with the good or bad performance of this industry, we will discuss in this blog. It will be from time to time because I do not write nearly music and when I do it often on concerts (and live music promoters and managers do work really well and try to promote the artist, not sink it). But I think talk of case studies is well and I am so shocked by what has happened to me this week that the story, because it seems a metaphor for why the record companies are beginning to overrun all of this, unfortunately, because remember that Apple, Motown, Atlantic or 4AD and Factory, to give varied examples, were instrumental in the musical education of many and the success of a lot of artists.
Story, without mentioning names. Determined media that is among the three most relevant country we live in an article that instructs me they like it to be illustrated with an interview and a picture of a country artist (he would make great photo shoot and interview, which involves two or three pages of the media). I call the artist's label. As I know how it works departments for the promotion, ask for the product manager, I spend with voicemail, leave a message, I hope all the day and get no response, called the promotions department. I tell you what, I ask that you send an email explaining in writing because it will send to the office of the artist, I asked if they prefer not to put me in touch with me directly the manager and I say no, they prefer to manage them. I send the mail return receipt requested. They do not answer and I'm heavy as heavy, I call again and after nearly an hour because the unit does not work, call a random number, changing the last end (I think that if the exchange ends in 00, there will be some extension in the 1st or 25 or so) I finally catch it someone and kindly pass me the promo department. There I say yes to them come the mail and that they have forgotten to answer me with an ok to confirm it was in their possession. Well ... This is a Tuesday. I leave on Wednesday for courtesy to you will think the artist and the control Thursday afternoon an email asking you how you'll remember mine and I need an answer that same week if not, find someone else. Nobody answers. Tf I call on Friday, left several messages in the mailbox of promo ... already fed up, I find out who is the manager that artist and call him. I wonder if they have been in contact with him from the record, I say no, amazed (remember, I had talked to them on Tuesday and I'm talking to the manager on Friday afternoon). I explain and exactly 15 minutes I have to say yes. We do the interview.
Honestly, on Friday morning I thought to pass by that artist. Come on, it was not so difficult to get another. But as I do not trust anyone, thinking that maybe the promo person had not moved a finger, I made that last attempt. That's me, because I know how important it can be for an artist promotion of this type and also because I'm not in a newsroom with a terrible pressure. Honestly, if I had been up with work probably would have happened to be looking for contact with his manager and gone the next on the list, no problem.
In short, this shows that currently in some cases (not all, of course, but lately of May 5 times I've had to deal with them, 3 have failed miserably) current responsible for the dissemination of a record, with his ineptitude, what they do is fastidar, which years ago was unthinkable. It is possible that that person wins record because I do not know, "800 euros a month? Yes, very little money. But, hey, if not directly going to do their job, let him say: "Look, now is promoting the artist and you'd better talk to your manager, your phone is so" and that's it.
The label is a multinational company and the artist has become one of the highest positions of the lists, is without doubt one of the objectives of the company. Come on, do not speak of an unknown musician from a tiny company, which it surely would not have happened.
For this reason, this begins to resemble the bureaucracy, the anecdotes of "Come back tomorrow" of officials. The problem is at stake here is not a photocopy but the life of an artist. To all this, the artist in question is not at all my prefer. I respect him but I see that I write this with the heart, horrified because I admired so ignore him, it's not about that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment